View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:23   #833  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank View Post
A good way to generate your own 3D subtitles from srt is using
easySUP by deank (MultiAVCHD). It uses AVS2BDNXML and produces very usable BD sup files.
Then convert to 3D sup with BD3D2MK3D tools.
Edit deep values if necessary and reconvert.
Personally, I use Subtitle Edit to convert SRT to BD SUP. It gives good results too, and can even convert to 3D directly (but unfortunately only with a fixed depth).

Quote:
@r0lZ
I use Subtitle Edit http://www.nikse.dk to generate srt, the best I know. You can use the zip as portable app. OCR works but you have to install the right language library.
But every OCR app I know has problems with spelling.
Yep. It's why I would like an app that can fix the most common errors automatically. SubRip (not SupRip) does that very well, but it doesn't work with BD SUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konikpolny View Post
r0lZ, I must say I would be insanely grateful if you could add the feature of converting srt to ass with the use of original 3D-planes. It'd be enough to support adding external srts already made. I've got loads of perfectly synched and OCRed srt subs. The OCR process for the lack of fully automated tools could be done manually outside BD3D2MK3D.
I'll try to do it, but without guarantee. I don't know the ASS file format well, and I may have some difficulties with the guide file, since it is in a totally different format. Anyway, I'll try when I'll have some free time...

Quote:
Why? The TV or monitor is connected via HDMI. We only need that standard, current 1.4a. HDMI 2.0 (UHD 2160p, 4k) is another game.
First, not everybody use a player connected to the TV via HDMI. Personally, I use an hard disc connected via USB, and the TV must recognise the format and AR correctly. (In the case of my Samsung TV and probably to most TVs, it stretches the 3D picture to occupy the whole screen anyway, so the SAR and DAR in the file are totally ignored, but other TVs or projectors may be smarter.)

Secondly, the software players are much more versatile, and need the correct AR, to display the movie in 3D or in 2D (like konikpolny does with MPC-HC, and I do with PotPlayer).

Finally, although I think it is not possible to determine the "right" DAR and SAR values that will work for any type of 3D and with any player, I think it is better to use by default the values that work best with the vast majority of software players. These values will be ignored in the case you describe, but they do not hurt, and may be very useful in many other cases.

Unfortunately, the results of the tests I did so far seem to indicate that there is not really an universal solution. I will still do some additional tests to try to clarify what some players need...