View Single Post
Old 19th October 2020, 03:51   #6  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwedit View Post
I tried TIVTC, but I was getting some artifacts. Some frames had a single field enlarged to fill the whole frame, at half vertical resolution.

Did you use a frame accurate source filter ?

Was there a good match available, or was it an "orphaned" field to begin with ?

If it's the case where you only have top or bottom field from edits, orphaned fields (You only have half resolution to begin with) or residual combing (various reasons, frame warping etc..) - you specify TFM clip2 parameter using a better deinterlacer such as QTGMC instead of the default cubic resize (this just interpolates the missing field using cubic interpolation). QTGMC clip2 interpolation for the missing field will almost always give better results than pullup or handbrake, or ffmpeg pullup or fieldmatch (with any deint pp) in that frame's interpolated missing field. There is no comparison in terms of quality

If there was a good field match available that TFM missed, it might have been not ideal settings used, or a non frame accurate source filter

Quote:
It appears that LibAVFilter's "Pullup" filter (Handbrake uses this) works really well, and I'm not sure if that's available in Avisynth or not.
Not the same filter exactly.

People frequently complain about pullup results . Maybe it works ok in your case, or maybe you didn't use ideal TIVTC settings

But use whatever works best. I'd be very surprised if handbrake achieved better IVTC results

Last edited by poisondeathray; 19th October 2020 at 04:18.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote