View Single Post
Old 11th June 2015, 19:40   #393  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The order of the views is stored only in the MKV container, but unfortunately, all Samsung TVs ignore it. I have also a Samsung TV, and I know that it ignores the 3D mode stored in the MKV container, but that it takes the 3D mode stored in the video elementary stream into account. Unfortunately, that setting can specify if the movie is encoded in SBS or T&B, but not if the left or right view comes first. By default, my TV shows the left view first, as almost all TVs.

It's why all movies converted to SBS or T&B by BD3D2MK3D have the left view first anyway, regardless of the order of the views in the original BD (only, of course, if the flag is correct in the original BD or ISO). That means that the SBS you have tried on your TV has NOT been encoded with BD3D2MK3D, or that you forgot to reset the views order setting of the TV to its default value: left view first.

The "right view first" flag is correct in the ISO, and if you encode it with BD3D2MK3D, the TV will show the 3D correctly.

Conclusion: Encode your 3D movies with BD3D2MK3D and you should have no problem.