View Single Post
Old 20th November 2021, 21:32   #5  |  Link
TomArrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
From a useability standpoint maybe it would be useful to allow transposing, inverting and array inputs with broadcsating. The thing is that a 3x4 matrix is going to get in the way of most matrix definitions, maybe the offset args could be be moved to last position to allow both things or just auto broadcast when array size is 9.

I will run some benchmarks.

EDIT: runs a bit slower than Expr(), 113fps vs 143 fps, I used 16-bit clip in Expr() though (internally works in float)
Thanks for the feedback, can you explain what transposing and all those terms mean to explain your use case please? The order was chosen based on how the Adobe suite typically presents it, but it would be no problem to just add an alternate function name for a different order if desired, or one that just works without offsets.

Does Expr allow to do matrix transforms like this? It's actually one of the first things I looked into when I tried doing this but I couldn't figure it out. I know how to apply operations on individual pixels in Expr but I don't know how to take the other channels into account in the calculation.
TomArrow is offline   Reply With Quote