View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2016, 23:27   #8  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post

I am using 1080i files...MeGUI is telling me I need to append converttoyv12() to the end of my avisynth script, which is good. But it does not add in interlaced=true, even though I have specified it as TFF in my initial MeGUI setup for this job.
--tff is an x264 encoding setting which occurs after the script . It also has no accurate way of determining if something is interlaced or not (it can make mistakes). User must determine that. I haven't used megui for a long time, but if it's something you think should be improved you can add a feature request

Quote:
So, do I need to edit the script before running the encode to say:
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true, matrix="Rec709")
You don't need the matrix, coming from a YUV source. The matrix is only for RGB<=>YUV conversions, but you do need interlaced=true because the chroma planes are resized . But it doesn't "hurt" to leave the matrix argument in; it's just a no-op

Quote:
I still find it odd that I would go from YUV 4:2:2 --> yv12 4:2:0 --> YUV 4:2:0
In this case, it's just YUV 4:2:2 to YV12

YV12 4:2:0 is YUV 4:2:0 . But YUV 4:2:0 is the broader term. YV12 specifies a specific arrangement and byte order. For example NV12 is also YUV 4:2:0 . So YUV 4:2:0 is the broader category, and YUV is the broadest (it includes other subsampling 4:2:2, and no subsampling 4:4:4, plus all their derivatives and plane arrangements)

Last edited by poisondeathray; 2nd February 2016 at 23:31.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote