View Single Post
Old 26th July 2021, 15:13   #80  |  Link
coolgit

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
I pointed out in your thread over in the Videohelp format, that eliminating vertical lines is a tough challenge.
I know but i have been making headway using photoshop and topaz denoise.

Quote:
However, unlike film scratches which are virtually impossible to remove, you can remove your scratches. However, the problem will be the inevitable blur that will result from blending pixels from the adjacent area. I suggested using the VirtualDub Delogo plugin, but I'm sure there are better choices.
Topaz denoise removed source file faint bands and also removed blur which was bloody useful. It actually removed the grain inside the whites of the eyes making the eyes look visibly better. Faint white lines about 3/4 pixel width remains. I had an idea how to remove bad pixels and replace them with good pixels in my last post above. Is it feasible with avisynth?

Quote:
Some of the experts on using AVISynth masking may have some more clever ideas. You might start your own thread here and see what you get.
This what i need, masking. I want to be able to focus on the 3 lines and nothing else. Hence why i am using photoshop.
coolgit is offline   Reply With Quote