View Single Post
Old 29th November 2022, 12:33   #1671  |  Link
flossy_cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy_cake View Post
I'm kind of at the point of giving up trying to understand what's going on under the hood with soft telecine.
MPC Video Renderer's ctrl+J debug screen seems to show the frame rate changes in real time. MadVR doesn't show this and lead me into all kinds of wrong assumptions. With this clip for instance, MPC Video Renderer shows the frame rate actually changes between 29.97 and 23.976 dynamically depending on the scene. Sometimes it even changes between 29.97 and 29.97i as if to imply there are some frames flagged as interlaced. On top of this, the field order also changes dynamically from scene to scene, sometimes rapidly back and forth each frame! I wish I could just force it all to 29.97i TFF so I have a known quantity which I could then use TFM & TDecimate on like with normal hard telecined stuff. I've got a feeling the flags in the clip were also damaged by the software which clipped it (probably ffmpeg) as even using Bob() on it was resulting in wrong field order artefacts regardless of what field order I set. Or maybe that's an issue with the source filter, I don't really know.

Last edited by flossy_cake; 29th November 2022 at 15:16.
flossy_cake is offline   Reply With Quote