View Single Post
Old 24th January 2018, 17:12   #1401  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenker View Post
I use the Program Subtitle Edit just to check the SUB.
You have replied that when I've asked if you have converted the subtitles to DVD SUB format. So, I did not understand that indeed, it's what you did. And now, I understand better the problem.

As I wrote above, when the subtitles must be converted to IDX/SUB (DVD format), BDSup2Sub (++ or Java) has to reduce the numbers of colours from 16 millions to just 4, and the 256 levels of transparencies also to 4. Unfortunately, to do that, it uses a fixed palette. You can edit it in the GUI, but the palette is never modified dynamically by BDSup2Sub itself to better clone the colours of the original subtitles. It's why I've added an analysis of the original colours of the subtitles, and BD3D2MK3D generates two palette files (one for BDSup2Sub.jar and one for ++, as they are different). When the final 3D XML/PNG stream is converted to DVD SUB, the generated palette is used, and the subtitles should look better than with the original default palette.

Since the palette is never used when the program converts the 3D PNGs to BD SUP, I did not understand why the colours were wrong. But now, I have realized that you did not convert to BD SUP, but rather to DVD SUB. So, I have verified the palettes, and indeed, I've found that I have introduced a bug in v1.5, due to the new method used to convert the subtitles to 3D. I have fixed the bug, and I will release a new version soon, probably tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BTW, may I know why you have selected the DVD SUB format rather than BD SUP? The quality of the subtitles is less good, and if your player supports the BD SUP format, I strongly recommend to use it! Also, I recommend to use exclusively the BD SUP format to burn (hardcode) the subtitles in the movie, if you use that feature.

Anyway, thanks for the bug report.

Last edited by r0lZ; 24th January 2018 at 17:15.