View Single Post
Old 10th October 2021, 22:00   #57  |  Link
markfilipak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfilipak View Post
"deint to 120 HZ"? Do you mean bob? And I thought we were discussing 24fps sources, not 60fps (or is it 59.9sps you refer to?). I'm confused.
this is field matching and mostly likely frame adaptive deint but not sure how the deint type matter if this is just about how a 24 FPS signal in 60i or 60p is treated.
Well, I'm still confused and frustrated trying to figure out what you mean. You know that people toss around the word "deinterlace" when they refer to any process that involves deinterlacing, even when it's undone at the end of the filtering, even with progressive frames, eh? Do you mean real deinterlacing of scan fields? I think you do. But what has that to do with 24 or 23.9fps? What are you getting at and what does it have to do with TVs? TVs don't deinterlace interlaced scan fields, do they?

What the heck does 'field matching' mean to you? What does 'adaptive deint' mean to you? This is all too abstract, using 'terms' that only have meaning for you, in your head.

PS: I'm sorry for showing my frustration. Can we stick to the types of videos found on DVDs and BDs, please? Otherwise, there's no end to discussion of all the possible video formats.

Last edited by markfilipak; 10th October 2021 at 22:09.
markfilipak is offline   Reply With Quote