View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:46   #18899  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Run EncodingServer.exe WITHOUT any extra switches. When window pops-up with message "FFMpeg.exe has stopped working" check details. You should see what exact DLL module crashed within ffmpeg.exe executable.
So I was hoping to do this today, but I had an unexpected, but not surprising major set back with my current encoding job.

Anyway, I started up the PC that had my current 4K encode, and I only had about 60 or so chunks to do, but yesterday, RipBot did not want to shut down...even tho I stopped the processing once a chunk was complete, it just froze, (not responding) when I went to close it down.

So, not unexpectedly, when I re-started the job, it started from chunk #1, so 2 days (approx 10 hours of encoding down the f*ckin' drain).

Anyway, that's another whole major problem that needs to be addressed, that is & has been a problem, that has been around for a long time.

So I continued "testing" the problem on another PC, and I think it might have something to do with x265.

I just happened across this....I batch loaded a few files in, and once they were in the job list, I thought I'd change 1 job to HEVC, and as soon as Encoder started to process & start the job, it re started (as in that video I sent thru), so repeat, repeat...I stopped it, changed it back to x264, and started with no problem.

I got no error pop up's or anything, so have no idea what was causing it.