View Single Post
Old 27th January 2021, 01:10   #18882  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Strange DE connection & FFMPEG issues

So I was hoping to post this last night, but the forum seemed to be "down"...

Yesterday, for the 1st time in month's & month's, I thought I'd process a 4K movie (Hobbit-The Unexpected Journey, extended version), it's just over 3 hours, 182 chunks, so I expected it to take quite some time to process, even though I'm ONLY doing the video.

I only got 40% done, will continue when able to...

So once I had the main PC working on it (Ryzen 9 3950X), it was grinding along fairly well, I also had the DE help of another PC.

I thought I'd used some of my "farm servers" to help, so I turned them on, 1 at a time, as I hadn't used them for age's either, and the 1st one connected without issue (dual E5-2690 Xeon's), so then I turned on another (dual X5690 Xeon's, Windows Server 2019), and it just would NOT start processing a chunk, if I went back to the main PC and watched, the chunk would start it's process, but as soon as it switched to the actual processing, it would them go idle, then start again, repeat, repeat, repeat...

So I tried another server, (same spec's), same problem...

So I tried another server, (dual X5680 Xeon's, Server 2019), same problem...

There were no pop up error messages !!!.

So then I tried yet another PC, (again, dual X5680 Xeon's, Tyan MB, Server 2019), same problem !!!

And finally yet another PC, (again dual Xeon's, Windows 10 Enterprise), same problem, but this one threw up an ffmeg not working error).

Got the latest build of that, didn't make any difference.

Meanwhile the first PC's were still processing along pretty well.

I took a short video of this DE behaviour, and will post a link...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JCA...ew?usp=sharing

I can't help but think someone has had a similar issue recently, but not too sure when.

Later on, on the Ryzen, DE was starting to play up, and I have a screen shot of that...but then it got to a point, that I stopped RB, and hoping that it will re start where it left off, I re started, and sure enough, it carried on

(screenshot link) :- https://www.mediafire.com/file/4c7bg...dress.jpg/file

So to sum up, it's pretty frustrating when you have several reasonable PC's that you want to use to "help" with DE, and none of them connect

I think I might need to "start from scratch", and put fresh setup's on all of them....