View Single Post
Old 19th October 2021, 13:24   #1  |  Link
JK1974

Problems decoding AVCHD recordings

Hi,

after some years of delay, I started editing my AVCHD recordings made back then with a Canon HF100 HD.
I want to use AVISynth and VirtualDubMod2īs batch processing for deshaking and maybe denoising of the clips and then finally do the editing with DaVinci Resolve.

Unfortunately, I just learned that there seem to be decoding errors: I get heavy flickering in orange and red areas. It looks to me that these are caused by faulty input filters.

Attachment 1 shows what I get when I load the MTS file into DaVinci Resolve, export it as Apple ProRes and open it in VirtualDubMod2 - this seems to be a correct result (judging the deinterlaced playback preview).
VLC also seem to be able to playback the original file without flickering.

Attachment 2 shows what I get when I
  • open it in VirtualDubMod2 directly
  • open it in VirtualDubMod2 using FFMPEGSource2
  • open it in VirtualDubMod2 using LWLibavVideoSource
  • convert the original file with FFMPEG using "ffmpeg -i 00186.mts -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 -vendor apl0 -bits_per_mb 8000 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le proRes422_output.mov"
Here, at least the red color plane seems to be shifted.

Am I missing any setting on the FFMPEG conversion/VirtualDubMod2/AVISynth input filters or is there still a bug?
Are there any alternative input filters besides of DirectShowSource (which also does not seem to work reliable) for AVISynth, maybe based on the VLC library?

Thanks a lot for any hints, with kind regards!

Last edited by tebasuna51; 20th October 2021 at 11:29. Reason: remove attached images not needed now
JK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote