View Single Post
Old 7th September 2010, 16:30   #8  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

But...this is not a "noob" forum. Though (as is to be expected) a lot of people find this forum and make their posts without reading the rules, just as they are not going to find this thread (or any other sticky) and make their mistakes.

There are smart people in the world; those who will enter a forum like this carefully, having read a number of posts (and possibly even the rules ) and wade carefully into the waters of doom9 and not get into trouble. Yet although I am one of these I, too, have been struck and I learned something from it.

Then there are the not-so-smart people who barge-in here and raise all sortsa hell and hopefully they're tromped-on (hard) and go away, never-to-be-heard-from-again. No great loss.

In-between, hopefully people learn that anything that even remotely smells of the possibility of copyright infringement are given the "our way or the highway" treatment, and either learn/respect the rules or go away, whether of their own volition or by being struck-or-banned.

IMO I'd much rather have "the bozos whacked" than have this valuable resource go-away by virtue of a lawsuit from one of those ugly companies that loves to issue lawsuits.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote