View Single Post
Old 27th May 2022, 17:42   #238  |  Link
captainayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Honestly, I don't remember. I just kept it with the other "problematic subtitles" just to have them at my disposal for further analysis. I remember only that it was extracted from an oriental movie. AFAIK, all BDs with such full-width subtitles are coming from China, Hong Kong, Korea, India etc... Those BD are usually badly authored, especially the 3D-BD, where the subtitles are almost always flat, and often containing errors. Also, many times, but not always, they contain a fully invisible subtitle starting at 0:00:00, for an unknown reason.

IIRC, I have extracted the subtitle stream with TsMuxeR, but I don't think it is the culprit.
Cool. Yeah I definitely appreciate the extra problematic samples to test against. It was just really weird seeing a whole section of the file that what was MBs and MBs of just zeros so was just curious if that was done intentionally to create a broken file or if someone actually really did author such a broken subtitle stream (yikes.... ).

I'll try to look at the other samples here this weekend, but I think I have something close enough to a fix at least for that sample. Just need to test that the fix doesn't cause issues for anything else that previously works.

Last edited by captainayy; 27th May 2022 at 18:48.
captainayy is offline   Reply With Quote