View Single Post
Old 8th January 2015, 01:13   #3  |  Link
hbenthow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Have you tried using tsMuxeR? If the files are Blu-ray compliant, just let tsMuxeR multiplex them into either Blu-ray or AVCHD. It accepts SRT subtitles, but does convert them to PGS.
The files aren't Blu-ray compliant. They have to be uncropped, and some have to be re-encoded down to a smaller size to fit on BD-25s. That's why I'm using multiAVCHD.
Quote:
I have always used the default settings for subtitles with multiAVCHD, and do not use it to reencode or change subtitle fonts size and type. Just use it to author compliant files.
So it is not necessary to set the size and font? I was under the impression that SRT files were a "blank slate" when it comes to size and font, and the program that plays or converts them always chooses its own size and font when playing or converting them.

For the record, I didn't change any of the subtitle settings other than the "Force display of first subtitle track" option during the "test run" mention in the original post. I left them at their defaults. I'm not sure whether that was the source of my problems.

What settings should I leave checked or unchecked to ensure that no reencoding of the subtitles occurs?

Also, what should I do to ensure that the particular subtitle stream I choose is forced, since the "Force display of first subtitle track" option didn't seem to do the trick?
hbenthow is offline   Reply With Quote