View Single Post
Old 28th December 2011, 18:50   #1  |  Link
Lebowsky

"Manual" deinterlace in tmpgenc with tprivtc

Hello,

I have used tprivtc from Kurosu successfully in the past to do a manual ivtc of an ntsc video.

I now tried to use it as a "frameserver" for a tmpgenc project file of a PAL video. I used tmpgenc, because the video has inverted field order (the a frames are interlaced and the b frames are progressive). The progressive b frames have slight interlacing artifacts, which I smoothed using the "double" deinterlace filter.

Now my problem is that when using tprivtc to use the tmpgenc info in my avisynth script, the video is then converted from 25 to 20 fps! I suppose the filter still does an ivtc of some kind and does not "just read" the frame information of the project file. Other than that, the video is ok (the correct frames have been taken and have been deinterlaced nicely). But the encode really is 4:11 long while the source only lasts 3:20.

Is there any way to get around this? Before finding out about tprivtc I was frameserving the TMPGEnc project using the little VFAPIConv utility, but this does unwanted colorspace conversion. Or maybe with other avisynth functions, it is possible to select only the frames I want, and apply a light/smoothing deinterlacing filter?

Heres my avs script, the source is a regular PAL dvd:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\TPRIVTC.dll")

video = mpeg2source("X:\Vobs\be\VTS_02_1.d2v")

video = DoubleWeave(video).TPRIVTC("X:\Vobs\be\VTS_02_1.tpr")

return video
I hope I was clear enough, if not, don't hesitate to ask for more details.. thanks in advance!

Last edited by Lebowsky; 28th December 2011 at 20:22.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote