View Single Post
Old 10th April 2005, 00:41   #7  |  Link
unskinnyboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sujao
That is what I wanted to know. I just wasnt sure that a movie was shot in 5.1 in the year 1984 already. I could imagine that it was shot in 2.0 and then somehow synthetically "stretched" to 5.1
Most of the times with old movies, that's what they do. Output the same stream thru multiple channels and claim it's 5.1. The poor consumer is none the wiser.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sujao What I mean is: If I have a DVD with a 5.1 and a 2.0 stream and I want to have a stereo mp3. Should I concert the 5.1 to mp3 or the 2.0.
I am no audio expert. I have done both (6Ch AC3->2Ch MP3 & 2Ch AC3->2Ch MP3) resulting in the same filesize and little or no difference (atleast to my ears). However, I saw this in the DivX forum which might shed some light into what you are asking.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sujao
Although imdb says 5.1 I don't know if they refer to the DVD or the original movie like it was in theathers.
If the movie is 5.1, I don't see a reason why the DVD shouldn't be.

P.S: Shall I tell you simplest thing to end your confusion? Do both and see which sounds best to your ears. You cannot decide which is best for -you- just by listening to others.

Last edited by unskinnyboy; 10th April 2005 at 00:44.
unskinnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote