View Single Post
Old 5th March 2007, 13:14   #178  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBeepMeep View Post
I don't know if this a bug. I have used HDdVD Evo demux on the second part file of the HDDVD Total Recall to extract the DTS HD track. If I try then to mux it inside a mkv file use mkvtoolnix.
mkvmerge does not yet support DTS HD tracks. If it thinks that it is DTS then you're on your own at the moment.

Quote:
First I have got tons of "Warning: dts_packetizer: skipping XXX bytes " which is mkvtoolnix ignoring the HD part of the DTS track. That's fine with me since there are so many of them the warning log window which keeps all the history gets slower and slower. There should be a way to ignore these types of warning. In order to obtain a fast mux I use the command line.
You should get the best speed by redirecting the output to another file, e.g.

mkvmerge ... -o output.mkv input.evo ... > log.txt

While I agree that a feature to limit such a flood of message would be desirable I won't spend time on it. The little time I do have goes to improving EVO support in general.

Quote:
Then 2/3 in the process I have the warning below:
Warning: 'E:\L1_mainMovie.DTSHD.stream.01.mpa' track 0: The current packet's timecode is smaller than that of the previous packet.
mkvtoolnix has incorrectly detected a change in the DTS audio track, then it switches back but add a huge delay. The consequence is that playback after two thirds of the file gives no sound and opening the mkv file takes much more time.
Hmm, interesting. Can you upload that file to my FTP server? The problem with EVO support is that I have virtually no access to such files except for the ones you guys provide.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.