View Single Post
Old 20th August 2014, 09:45   #29  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
How easy would it be to modify BD3D2MK3D to output a line interlaced field version instead of OU?

I think maybe LG passive TVs are futzing with conversion of OU frames to its native interlaced presentation and softening the image in the process, so I was hoping to be able to create 2D frames containing top left field and bottom right field (or vice versa) of the 3D source, interlaced together so that they could be presented on the TV as-is in 2D mode but get the 3D effect by wearing the glasses. This would mean the least processing of the original source (ie scaling) and hopefully a sharper picture as it would be mapping the fields directly to their corresponding polarising strips without interference.

I do not know the polarizer strip orientations, so it would require options to select whether left or right was top field.
You may want to run some preliminary tests with Stereoscopic Player which can output 3D footage as interlaced. Perhaps there is a trial period, I don't know.
Alternatively you could try the free Bino which has similar options.
I don't know however how the output is presented at the HDMI (PC) interface to the TV.