View Single Post
Old 10th March 2022, 18:08   #19  |  Link
lansing

Reading from the comments above, looks like Hauppauge USB is the way to go. It's inexpensive, no drops in quality, with constant driver updates and it can output raw data. Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle can also be a good choice if I'm doing game captures that requires a component inputs, but I'm only doing VHS atm.

I agree that the atmosphere in DigitalFAQ is just not genuine. They're like "this is bad, this is bad, that is bad, that is bad. Okay this is good. You want it? I have it. It cost a thousand bucks." I mean they're selling a second hand Hauppauge USB for $150, wow.

@scharfis_brain

What is this Ohm Potentiometer, what is the white clipping? Can you show a before/after pictures?

I'm also getting the JVC S-VHS HR-7500+/8000/9000 series (depends on price) and know about the DNR that was tied to the TBC in its memory buffer, but just how bad was the DNR? Does it wipe out a lot of details?

Also with the s-video output, is there going to be a shift in chroma pixel by nature? The setup in my mind is a
Code:
JVC VCR => s-video out to Videonics Digital Video Mixer MX-1 for TBC => s-video out to Hauppauge USB => PC
So my chroma is going to be shifted twice?

Last edited by lansing; 10th March 2022 at 19:43. Reason: removed wrong observation
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote