View Single Post
Old 30th April 2022, 11:46   #92  |  Link
RealSnoopyDog

You'll either need a new "Host Cerificate" (and I always ask myself where they come from - are they just "findings" or can they be calculated) or maybe an alternate firmware for the drive like LibreDrive might help. But I don't have experience with LibreDrive, I only know that you should flash it BEFORE you try to playback a Blu-Ray which requires a newer host certificate. And the latest revision that I find is from 2020

I still playback my old Blu-Rays without any problems with this software, LAV and DVBViewer. But I did not buy any new Blu-Rays the last months. Not because streaming movies from different platforms is possible. I still would prefer to buy new movies on a Blu-Ray from time to time because the picture and sound quality is much better compared to streaming. But I want to avoid the risk that an updated required host certificate on a new Blu-Ray will "kill" my drive and I can not watch my old movies anymore. So congratulations to the paranoic content protection "mafia", you ruin your own business.

And thank you very much candela for giving us this software, it works very satisfying from the beginning.
RealSnoopyDog is offline   Reply With Quote