View Single Post
Old 10th June 2015, 12:10   #383  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

As I have already explained elsewhere, there is no fast and accurate way to find if a subtitle stream contains forced captions or not. As a consequence, BD3D2MK3D offers to extract them in tab 2 without knowing if it's useful. After the demux operation, BDSub2Sub tries to extract the forced captions from the main subtitle stream. If it reports that there is no forced captions, then the warning is issued, and the forced stream is simply not included in the MKV (or hardcoded on the video). It's perfectly normal. If there are no forced captions, BD3D2MK3D can't invent them. Therefore, you can simply ignore the warning.

Let's hope that the programmers of the mede8er firmware will see your message and fix the bug. On my side, I can't do much more.

BTW, I have assumed that you play the BD or a non-modified ISO of the BD with your mede8er player. In that case, it is possible to know the right order of the views and the option to invert manually the order of the views is not necessary (unless the "left view first" flag is wrong in the BD itself, due to an authoring error). And therefore the first reply of jer1956 doesn't make sense. But of course, if you have used a program (such as an AVCHD converter) to modify or re-encode your BD and THAT program has not set the "left view first" flag correctly, that means that the bug is not in the mede8er firmware but in the program. (It's what jer1956 explains in his second reply.) If you want to report a bug, you must be sure that your source BD is correct. Verify it with BD3D2MK3D. If the AVC stream is the left eye view, AND the views are inverted on your TV, then it's not a problem related to the player. It's the BD or ISO that is the culprit.

Note that if the flag is wrong in the BD or ISO, BD3D2MK3D will produce a SBS or T&B file with the views inverted as well, because it trust the flag. As explained earlier in this thread, if you want to encode such a badly authored BD or ISO, you will have to modify the order of the views manually in the AVS script.

Also, SBS or T&B files not generated by BD3D2MK3D may have the views inverted. It's the case of many bad 3D conversions available on YouTube or similar sites. Again, I'm not responsible of the bugs of other programs.

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th June 2015 at 12:52.