View Single Post
Old 15th October 2009, 15:31   #10111  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury_22 View Post
You can always enable custom channel mapping and for 5.1 sound put your surround channels to side speakers

Can we at least agree that the 7.1 mapping it's correct ? (= 7.1 LPCM, TrueHD, DD+, DTS-HD HR or MA on a 7.1 speaker config )
Yeah I think the mapping is correct for 7.1, perfect, as it is well defined for the developers, although as I reported there are other issues not related to my 5.1 in 7.1 discussion

The "Navigate" -> "Audio" displays incorrect details, ie it displays input as 6 channels versus 8 for the non LPCM files you gave me (Im in Windows 7 RTM).
As I also reported, the audio decoder channel settings in mpc-hc don't have anything more than "3 front + 2 rear", and it defaults to stereo. All of which I would love to see cleaned up, to have ability to select 7.1, and auto detect (if user hasn't manually selected one) the speaker config from windows.

For 5.1 (in > 5.1 configs)
Yes custom channel mapping is an option, but all of these workarounds are fine for me or you, but I am trying to push a more general solution, ie an option in the gui for "surround", should it be "Side" or "Left" and the application can default to one of those of course.

That is only required of course if this variable can't be read from the Os. If this reading from the os (or the equivalent of that) is possible / intended, then mpc-hc isn't doing it correctly as my xonar (and windows itself) explicitly uses the side channels for the surround in 5.1, but mpc-hc doesn't seem to detect this currently.

Last edited by mark0077; 15th October 2009 at 16:00.