View Single Post
Old 8th November 2021, 12:20   #65  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Isn't GRunT like replacement for GScript?
Nope.
Gscript = If, For, While, etc [for non + AVS]
Grunt = GScriptClip(Args="...",Local=True/False), + GFrameEvaluate, GConditionalFilter, GWriteFile and GWriteFileIf .
[ with Grunt, ScriptClip(Args="...",Local=True/False) etc also works, the 'G' versions just makes Grunt requirement explicit ]

Grunt:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=139337

Not sure if Avs+ implements as below
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
For added convenience, there is a new variant of ConditionalFilter which takes a single boolean expression instead of three separate parameters as at present. This is useful when the condition to be tested is a compound one or is already available in boolean form. For example,
Code:
ConditionalFilter(c, c1, c2, \
 "AverageLuma(c1) > AverageLuma() && AverageLuma(c1) > AverageLuma(c2)")
where previously you would have to add (...,"=", "true")
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
P, I note that in runtime filters you added 'local' arg, so is now similar (I presume same) to Grunt, however you did not add 'Args' arg,
that is very handy addition and would still make it necessary for many scripts to use Grunt in Preference.
If Args arg added, would probably make Grunt an un-necessary and superfluous plugin. [Sorry Gavino ]
For a long time a few of us have wanted both GScript & Grunt capability added into Avs source, in avs std the idea was always resisted.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 8th November 2021 at 13:15.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote