View Single Post
Old 31st July 2020, 12:07   #1  |  Link
YaBoyShredderson

Staxrip HDR ingest producing (almost) duplicate files

Im trying to encode 4k hdr blurays in staxrip, and im doing some tests on small chunks, but it seems to be producing duplicate files.

The files are called "name"_new.mkv and "name"_new.mkv_hdr10.mkv. they are the exact same size, but media info shows a difference in the mastering display data the max cll and max fall data.

It has changed those values, and added another line beneath saying original. For example max cll =1000 max cll orginal = 913 or whatever. The files that have changed is the one with hdr10.mkv at the end.

As far as i can tell, clips with different values in each of the things, all have the same value in the hdr 10 file, always max cll 1000 and max fall 300, with the orginal line being the correct values.

What file do i need and is there any difference? Im pretty sure this is because i checked the hdr ingest option, as i thought i needed it to retain hdr, but the regular files seemed to have everything correct.

Looking at the files in vlc, i cannot tell any imediate difference, though my monitor is not hdr and i havent viewed them on my hdr tv yet.
YaBoyShredderson is offline   Reply With Quote