View Single Post
Old 24th January 2016, 20:56   #773  |  Link
GamBIT_Rus

Thanks for answers!

I can't agree that there's any need to save memory by closing the gui. Maybe 20 years ago it could help smth but in the presence it takes so less memory that isnt neccesary to account. What a per cent of my 16 Gb it could be? Even of 4 - not much. BTW the speed of encoding doesnt depend on amount of memory - much more of cpu speed and instruction sets, and the algorithms.
So I'd suggest you to divide the 'encoding' and 'exit' - not 'encode & exit' since that things are different and not interconnected. For ex, yes, I would like to run the encoding just after the demux, but not to exit the gui. The other benefit is the ability to prepare the next transcoding process while the first is running already. Maybe by simple change.

An other ability that often ask-able is the 'crop'
Yes, I see you did smth to this direction by making 720p (image change between the decode-encode operation). But It would be nice if a user could enter the 4 offsets to cut the frame and ability to choose - whether to leave the frame simply cutted or to upscale it to initial size.
Many people ask to make the cropped rips to them, for ex to take standard BD3D with 1920*1080 frame, next cut it to 800 lines and cut the sides so too, that a frame would have the 16:9 proportion, and after that to upscale to the initial 1920*1080. The result would be the cropped image on the whole screen. After that the encoder may do half or full stereopair, never mind. That 'crops' I know you may do by adding the proper code to avisynth, like you did with 720p. Would be great if a crop could be qualified done with the BD3D2MK3D by one click in fact. I dont ask too much, hope? :-) It's really need.