View Single Post
Old 28th March 2023, 20:38   #955  |  Link
flossy_cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
Why would you deinterlace source with 3:2 pulldown though?
If the source is clean and good 3:2 with minimal cadence breaks, yes absolutely TFM.TDecimate all the way.

But I've been buying a lot of DVDs of older TV shows lately and many are using multiple cadences (mixture of 3:2, 2:2 and 1:1 sections) have too much compression noise, rainbows, dotcrawl, field alignment issue etc. It's a nice option to just throw the deinterlacer at it and get a nice perfectly frame paced 60p with high quality antialiasing and smoothing. Solve all the issues in 1 hit.

Especially with the frame pacing, I spent days tuning my display modes in CRU to get no dropped frames only to end up with 41ms dropped frames here and there due to occasional cadence breaks in the source.

Even with a "good" source you will still be needing to handle the odd combed frame here or there and it makes those frames look nicer too so you don't have to worry so much about the false positives of combed frame detection

Code:
TFM(mode=0, slow=2, scthresh=100, PP=3, cthresh=9, MI=96,
\    clip2=propDelete("_FieldBased").bwdif(field=-1, thr=2, edeint=nnedi3(field=-1)))

TDecimate(mode=0, cycleR=1, cycle=5, hybrid=1, viddetect=2, vidthresh=4.5, 
\    denoise=true, chroma=false, hint=false)

QTGMC(InputType=1, preset="slow", FPSDivisor=1, EdiThreads=cores/2, Sharpness=1.0)
Prefetch(cores)

Last edited by flossy_cake; 8th May 2023 at 12:41.
flossy_cake is offline   Reply With Quote