View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 11:43   #17  |  Link
manolito

These GMJCZP parameters really got me excited. I did quite a few tests myself, but I always had a hard time picking an encode which I liked better. Old age probably...

So I made a quick and dirty test bench which makes it real easy to compare FFmpeg encodes made with either the Fishman XHQ parameters or the GMJCZP params. Download here:
http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/HVZbGHUT/file.html

Extract the files into a folder, then edit the "Convert.bat" file and enter your settings. Your input file can be entered by Copy&Paste or by Drag&Drop on the batch file.

The input file must have an audio track, a video only file will crash the script.

I modified the GMJCZP parameters slightly. The params for the first pass are from Fishman, the resulting log file worked well in my tests. I also forced the use of the "Fox New" matrix, the FFmpeg default matrix is not so nice IMO.

//EDIT//
I reuploaded a modified version of this test bench. This time the first pass params are separate, this makes sure that the GMJCZP B-Frame tweaks for the first pass are taken into account. Please redownload...

So everyone interested in optimizing FFmpeg for great quality DVD conversions please test some of your critical source files using this script and post your comments...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 7th June 2017 at 16:22.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote