View Single Post
Old 8th June 2014, 00:48   #11  |  Link
GCRaistlin

YxP, thanks for the link! I've discovered that sharpness level in Normal mode (that's what I always started from when customizing my monitor) was too high and, what is more, locked for some reason that is known only to ASUS. Also, gamma calibration result confuses me - I'm able to adjust curves for each channel to make them blend at 2.2 (48% bars) but then gray 48% bar blends at ~1.7. So I don't know what to choose - to adjust "all leves" curve and make gray bar blend at 2.2 (but then color bars won't blend at 2.2) or to adjust each channel separately. White saturation test isn't passed completely - I can't see patterns 253 and 254 regardless of the monitor settings. All other things seem to be OK: contrast, sharpness, black level.
But TV levels still gives better result (more details on dark scenes) than PC levels or custom levels (4-254, according to 1-Black Clipping and 3-White Clipping tests result). Can you guys please check TV levels on your well-calibrated monitors? Won't they give more details than PC levels? I'm just curious.

Magically yours
Raistlin
GCRaistlin is offline   Reply With Quote