View Single Post
Old 20th April 2020, 16:46   #13  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Works fine on Windows XP.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorRain View Post
it transforms each frame from the video input into the wavelet domain, using Cohen-Daubechies-Feauveau 9/7.
It does indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteorRain View Post
Then it applies some filtering to the obtained coefficients. It does an inverse wavelet transform after. Due to wavelet properties, it should give a nice smoothed result, and reduced noise, without blurring picture features.
The Wavelet transform is one of the transform I like, although it's not my favorite.
It sure has a different approach when it comes to processing 'cause instead of dividing the image in blocks and macroblocks of arbitrary sizes (as long as they're square) like other transform, it processes the whole picture as a whole single block thus avoiding classic edge artifacts. Whether it's useful on denoise as well other than encoding I don't know, but the thing is that the last time I used this denoiser was a very long time ago and I didn't really plan to use the old Vague Denoiser in any modern footage, but since you updated it, I downloaded it, tested it and kept it in my sacred plugins folder 'cause, you know, it's just nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I also have little interest in cartoons.
Well, perhaps until your grandchildren will ask you to watch them with them; in that case you'll either like them or hate them for the rest of your life xD (just joking, just joking)
As a matter of fact, I began learning about AVS in 2006 only because of anime (i.e cartoons for adults), but I've encoded less and less of them as I grew up, mostly because of my job concerning only real life stuff and... also because I kinda grew up; still from time to time, although rarely, I still help the fansub I started with years ago. :')
If someone asks me something like "Hey, let's watch Your Name", I'm still keen to watch it and I enjoy it.
Of course, I would NEVER watch stuff like cartoons for children that air on Cartoon Network or stuff like that.
Fun story: there was a time in 2016 when I had to QC all of them after encoding (it was my job T_T) and unfortunately I had to watch this kind of crap for children that I hated from the bottom of my hearth. But it was my job... I couldn't do anything about it...

Last edited by FranceBB; 20th April 2020 at 16:55.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote