View Single Post
Old 16th January 2017, 13:56   #1148  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the precisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
Using a value of -7 worked for me so far, because the subtitles are then displayed way in front of the Screen and I've never seen a movie in which the subtitles cut through objects in this case.
I'm not familiar with Scenarist, but the -7 value seems strange. It seems that Scenarist has adopted the inverse of what is effectively stored in the offset sequence of the final BD, where a negative value means beneath the screen. And a depth of 7 seems pretty small for many BDs. As I wrote above, some 3D-Planes of commercial BDs have some depth values of 40 or even more. But indeed, 7 may be a good starting point.

I remember I've read somewhere that Scenarist can accept .ofs files (with dynamic depths) as well. It's why I've changed the old BD3D2MK3D 3D-Planes file format from .3dp to .ofs (with just an additional header). I've never tried, but the new .ofs files should be compatible with Scenarist and/or other authoring programs or muxers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
Note that this does only work with original stream files. Reencoding with FRIM or MVCEnc corrupts the sei message inside the mvc stream and therefore makes it impossible to set any depth values...
BTW, I wonder if it is possible to write a little exe that replaces the original values of one or all 3D-Plane(s) in an original MVC stream with modified values. Finding the right SEI messages and replacing the values is certainly possible, but I suppose that some checksums must be modified as well, and that's probably much more difficult. And that doesn't solve the problem of the missing SEI messages in re-encoded streams.