View Single Post
Old 15th February 2016, 05:17   #19  |  Link
WorBry

Regarding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoneill View Post
You can pipe planar RGB and change the plane order for ffmpeg's "gbrp" pix_fmt:
Code:
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, format=vs.RGB24, <options>)
clip = core.std.ShufflePlanes(clip, planes=[1,2,0], colorfamily=vs.RGB)
clip.set_output()
Code:
vspipe script.py - | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt gbrp -s 1920x1080 -r 24 -i pipe: -vcodec utvideo utvideo.mkv
Alternatively, you can pipe packed RGB and use ffmpeg's "bgr0" pix_fmt:
Code:
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, format=vs.COMPATBGR32, <options>)
clip.set_output()
Code:
vspipe script.py - | ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt bgr0 -s 1920x1080 -r 24 -i pipe: -vcodec utvideo utvideo.mkv
The latter should be slightly slower due to the packing step. (ShufflePlanes is practically free.)
I've had no problem running these scripts and the pipe commands with 'native' progressive HD AVC sources, but I've got an issue with AVCHD.mts clips from my Canon HFG10 camcorder which I mentioned earlier records in 1080/30PF format:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
As for the "peculiarities" of the 1080/30PsF format that my AVCHD camcorder records in. I was merely referring to the fact that some NLE's still interpret this format incorrectly i.e. they treat the progressive YV12 chroma subsampling pattern as being interlace pattern, resulting in CUE artifacts. Also some source filters, like ffms2 (in AVISynth and VapourSynth) output the YV12 at double-frame rate (as duplicated frames) unless the correct fps is specified by the fpsden and fpsnum parameters. That's all I meant by "peculiarities"...."nuances to be aware of" might be a better term.
Applying the above methods for converting to RGB32 or RGB24:

Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
clip = core.ffms2.Source("Path...../TestHFG10.mts", fpsnum=30000,fpsden=1001)
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, format=vs.COMPATBGR32, matrix_in_s="709", chromaloc_in_s="top_left")
clip.set_output()
Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
clip = core.ffms2.Source("Path...../TestHFG10.mts", fpsnum=30000,fpsden=1001)
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, format=vs.RGB24, matrix_in_s="709", chromaloc_in_s="top_left")
clip = core.std.ShufflePlanes(clip, planes=[1,2,0], colorfamily=vs.RGB)
clip.set_output()
When I load the scripts in VapourSynth Editor and open Preview, the Preview screen is blank and there is the log error message:
Quote:
Error getting the frame number 0:
Resize error: Resize: field-based video not supported
Running just the bare source script:

Code:
import vapoursynth as vs
core = vs.get_core()
clip  =core.ffms2.Source("Path..../TestHFG10.mts",fpsnum=30000,fpsden=1001)
clip.set_output()
The preview shows a lot of "interlace-like" and block artifacts:

http://i.imgur.com/VlRyN8l.jpg

I recall having similar issues, although not as severe as this, when using ffms2 in AVISynth, and I switched to using L-Smash for a short while before DGDecIM arrived on the scene.

So, unless there's remedy for this, a better option might be to try L-Smash source? Unfortunately, the "extra plugins" package that came with VapourSynth and other required packages from here:

https://launchpad.net/~djcj/+archive/ubuntu/vapoursynth

....didn't include the L-Smash plugin.

I'd be really grateful if someone could advise me where to source and how to install the L-Smash plugin on my system.

As I mentioned in the first post I'm running Kubuntu 15.10 (64 AMD) and now also Mint KDE 17.3 (64 AMD). In both VapourSynth installations the plugins got placed in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/vapoursynth

Cheers.

Last edited by WorBry; 15th February 2016 at 05:46.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote