View Single Post
Old 19th December 2005, 21:54   #7  |  Link
bond

thx

what colorspace is outputted in qt7 itself by default?
eg mpeg-4 and h.264 streams are always YV12, so it would be interesting to know if qt7 does a colorspace conversion during playback and if thats avoidable with your plugin

i made a quick test on a h.264 sample with quality = 0 and 100 and it seems to output exactly the same picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu
I haven't done any speed tests. Are you looking for speed compared to mencoder/ffmpeg quicktime decoding or to compared to avi vfw decoding?
yes, till now there exists no way to test the max decoding speed a decoder in qt can achieve afaik

for getting an idea on how fast/slow your plugin is i now did the following:
i played an .avi with uncompressed YUY2 video (~3gb) via .avs and your qtinput() in directshow (so its decoded in qt7) and measured the decoding speed
than i played the same .avi directly in directshow without avs and your plugin

the result was:
qtinput: 22.63fps
normal: 39.94fps

so when going via your plugin it was played slower than realtime (the file has 25fps)
i noticed that at the beginning it played at normal speed, after seeking eg to the middle of the file i saw that things were slower (this is not the same in qt7)

i dunno if thats a bug in your plugin or maybe caused somehow by the big filesize or if your plugin is simply slower?

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free

Last edited by bond; 20th December 2005 at 00:18.
bond is offline   Reply With Quote