View Single Post
Old 7th January 2016, 16:38   #744  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for your kind words and welcome to the D9 forums!

You can already save as full-size frame sequential mkv (with hardcoded subs if you wish), but not as AVC/MVC, because that would require a totally different approach, due, among others, to the necessity to use another video encoder. In frame-sequential mode, the two streams are encoded in AVC. However, it should be possible to edit __ENCODE_3D.cmd to encode with the intel MVC encoder instead of with the current procedure. But sorry, I'm not interested to add the code to do it automatically, mainly because too few peoples are interested. Note also that the current free MVC encoder (from Intel) doesn't do a good job. IMO, for the same file size, it is much better to encode in Full-T&B or frame-interleaved with x264.

Also, I think that there are other tools closer to what you want to do than BD3D2MK3D. Perhaps you should try the FRIM encoder? I don't think it can hardcode the subtitles, but you can probably ask videofan3d to add that feature. (You will have to generate the 3D subtitles with BD3D2MK3D anyway, but that should be easy.) I have no idea of what should be done to produce the final MKV.

Note also that if you can find yourself the modifications to the AVS script and __ENCODE_3D.cmd to produce the AVC and MVC streams (and, if possible, also the modifications to do to __MUX_3D.cmd to create the final MKV) AND if it is not too difficult to implement that method in BD3D2MK3D, I may do it later. But I can't do it alone, because I don't have the right hardware to test AVC+MVC MKVs.

Last edited by r0lZ; 7th January 2016 at 16:40.