View Single Post
Old 15th November 2015, 20:50   #18  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
OMG I have such a brillant idea.

How about using a 32-bit version of FFMPEG?

That works :-)
Or the 64-bit version of AviSynth+ r1825 so that the FFmpeg build matches. May be a little limited on plugins, but there is a running list of compatible ones on the AviSynth+ page on the avisynth.nl wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motenai Yoda View Post
for audio I think is an avs2yuv thing, what you can do?
add soundout into the avs to get audio into a wav file when encoding the video
encode it with naac or fdkaac or qaac, both better than naac
then mux the audio using another input argument for ffmpeg as
ffmpeg -i video.h264 -i audio.m4a -map 0:v -map 1:a -c copy output.mp4

but using x86 bin even just encode the audio too as pcm
and using ffmpeg pipe it to naac/fdkaac/qaac
mux
The -map parameter is completely unnecessary when there's only one video and one audio input. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Yes it can, but the "non free" versions have very poor AAC audio. If you build it yourself with --enable-nonfree you can use FDKAAC with --enable-libfdkaac

There are modified old x264 versions that can process audio (look for taro's tmod builds), but none recently, only old ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
From the search I've done, not only does FFMPEG have to be custom-built to have AAC support (which I did), but Nero also provides better quality. I think FDKAAC then got better but only for low-quality audios?
I've not done any listening tests, but I would assume that given enough bitrate, the quality issues that the free encoders might be subject to would eventually disappear. Basically, if you use vo_aacenc or the native aac encoder, just use 320kbps or whatever the upper limit on AAC is. And there have been a lot of recent (July-October of this year) commits to the native AAC encoder, but where all of those put the native encoder in the rankings now I don't know.

Although if you're not married to the idea of requiring AAC in the final encode, you could always use Vorbis or Opus and output to an MKV file instead.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote