View Single Post
Old 29th May 2022, 21:52   #246  |  Link
captainayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
I had a short play-around with your latest 1.0.4b. I noticed that in "Edit Frame" window, changing X and Y offsets don't work. After "Save Changes", offsets jump back to initial values. To be sure I also checked export result. Can you take a look? Also Center, Top and Bottom buttons seem to not respond.
Yeah I figured it out. Seems to be the same issue I fixed here in this commit:

https://github.com/captainayy/BDSup2...444fa3c9445ef7

Looks like the previous person working on this was trying to move some old-style for loops to the newer C++11 foreach loops but didn't do it properly so the loops only edit a copy of an object not the original objects itself when iterating over them. That seems to also be the issue you noticed in the Edit Frame dialog because as soon as I changed the loop to work on object references the values stuck around after you leave the text box. I'll have to go through the code and try to figure out where else this might have occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
With SUP, Y offset starts counting at the top pixel. Therefor, "top offset" value is pretty easy to visualize. What I'm missing in the "Frame Edit" window is the option to set a "bottom offset" value (in conjunction to the above-mentioned "Bottom" button). Of course one can back-calculate by "screensize minus Y offset minus image height", but it's too cumbersome. In the "move all captions" window this function is present. I think the option belongs in "single image edit" too.
I can look into this but no promises on changing things simply because I don't know the full scope and impact of such a change. It would require some exploration and probably feedback from other users as this would be a breaking change with old behavior. This will probably get pushed back a bit in lieu of fixing other bugs, but I've added it to my TODO list to look at.

Last edited by captainayy; 29th May 2022 at 21:57.
captainayy is offline   Reply With Quote