View Single Post
Old 1st February 2007, 17:17   #81  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonle87 View Post
1) Can you make it so that users can select which "command line options" to always be enabled by default, instead of having to manually select it from the "Muxing" menu? It's because I always use "--engage native_mpeg4" for every file that I muxed to be clean of avi compatibility hacks. I got this idea when I saw you have the checkbox option "Always use simple blocks" under the "Settings" tab.
I can certainly do this. I've been planning to move the "settings" tab to its own dialog because it's growing with each release. In such a dialog I'll also add an input box in which the user can set default options which will be added to the command line.

Quote:
2) Another thing i regularly do when muxing files to mkv is naming it in the "file/segment title" textbox under the "Global" tab. The only thing missing is an additional separate "creator/author" textbox and I was wondering if you could add that in your next version. Having a "title" and "author" textboxes is really useful for providing very basic file information. I find this simple, fast, and convenient rather than going through the trouble of creating tags, which I think should be reserved for those users who want to provide more detailed file information.
I can do that as well. This information would still have to be put into the tags because there's no other place in a Matroska file for this kind of information. The segment title is different; there's an element for this in the segment headers. But it would at least be a convenient way to add some basic information. Maybe I'll offer a complete tab "basic tags" or something like this... I'll have to think about it.

Note that neither change will happen soon. I'm also in the process of rewriting mmg using the Qt toolkit, and this takes precedence over huge changes to the current GUI.

Most of all, keep up the good work, your program just rocks. As an avid mkv user, I really enjoy using it...very easy and straightforward at creating mkv files.[/QUOTE]

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.