View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2015, 13:35   #199  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Damn! I don't have the same 3D-pland than yours. I have probably another edition. It is therefore difficult to test the problems here.
With my version, only one 3D-plane is not empty: plane 0. It has a fixed depth of 20. (Confirmed with an hex editor.)

Analyse:

I have no idea why you have obtained different analysis results. I can't verify here, because I have only a single 3D-Plane. But are you sure that you have selected the right plane? Can you send me the 3D-planes and the logs? (You know my email address already.)

Note that the 3D-planes.log file is created by MVCPlanes.exe (with the subtitles assignments added at the end of the log by BD3D2MK3D itself). MVCPlanes is used to extract the planes from the MVC stream, and it generates the log on the fly. In the other hand, the Analyse Currently Selected 3D-Plane button does a new analysis of the 3D-Plane data, and doesn't use the original log to retrieve the values. With my version, both methods give the same result: fixed depth of 20.

Additional depth:

I did a new conversion with the tool, using the 3D-plane 0 (depth 20) and an additional depth of 100. (It's a very high additional depth, but it's easier to verify the effect). The result is correct, and the additional depth is taken into account. However, there is a little discrepancy in the way the two depths are taken into account. The depth from the 3D-plane is added in both views. In other words, if the depth is 20, that means that the left subtitle is shifted by 20 pixels to the right, and the right subtitles by 20 pixels to the left. (In previous versions of BD3D2MK3D, there was a bug here and the depth was divided by 2.) But the additional depth is more precise and is spread across the two views. That means that my additional depth of 100 pixels was divided by two: the left subtitle is shifted to the right by 50 pixels, and the right one to the left also by 50. Therefore, an additional depth of 100 is equivalent to a depth of 50 in the 3D-plane. But as far as I know, it is correctly added to the depth from the 3D-plane to produce the final result. (Note that in SBS, the subtitles are squashed horizontally, and therefore the X positions and width of the bitamps are divided by 2. I haven't taken that into account in my explanation above.)

So, IMO, the conversion works fine. The fact that the additional depth is not treated the same way than the depths of the 3D-planes is questionable, but if you remember that it must be multiplied by 2 to obtain the same result, it works as expected.

Perhaps you have experienced a bug if you convert an XML/PNG stream? Can you confirm that your input stream is in BD SUP format?

Selection of BD SUP:

The default selection of the output format should persist during the current BD3D2MK3D session, but is is forgiven when you quit the program. The default selection in a new session depends of your setting in tab 2 of the main GUI: it should be VobSub or BD SUP depending of the "Subtitle stream format" option in that tab. But I agree that there is a little bug here. If in tab 2 you select "both", no format is selected by default in the GUI of the conversion tool. I will fix that bug immediately. Thanks for the report! [EDIT: Done.]

Last edited by r0lZ; 23rd February 2015 at 13:47.