View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:09   #10  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImperial2004 View Post
Thanks Mulder for your clarification , So , I use expermintal ffmpeg-mt AVC decoder that comes with K-Lite Mega Codecs ... Honestly , it can't decode a 1080p CG movie probably . But , my material are MPEG2 DVD files , so that won't be the case cuz I can play it fine with a CPU usage of 30% ...
What "Codec Packs" you installed to mess up your system doesn't matter for Avidemux

That's because Avidemux doesn't use DirectShow to decode the input. It uses it's own "built-in" decoders (taken from ffmpeg/libavcodec).

Anyway, if you'd ever need to use DirectShow decoders/splitters, there's always the AVS Proxy (GUI) for Avidemux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImperial2004 View Post
BTW , do you think that I'll gain any performance increases if I ran AviDemux on 64bit machine ? (I doubt that because it wasn't coded to take advantage of 64bit features) ...
The Avidemux core application probably wouldn't gain too much from 64-Bit, but x264 is known to run ~10% faster on 64-Bit (compared to 32-Bit).

Anyway, currently there is no 64-Bit build of Avidemux available. So even under a 64-Bit OS you can only run Avidemux as a 32-Bit application.

Still that is not a problem and doesn't explain your situation. I run 32-Bit Avidemux under 64-Bit Windows XP and I get 40+ fps with your settings.

So can you please post your Avidemux log? (I'd need to see the log copied while your were encoding)