View Single Post
Old 14th April 2015, 15:11   #335  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

You select the audio and subtitle tracks you want to include in the MKV in tab 2. Nothing difficult to understand: just tick the streams you want. They will be included in the MKV and they DO NOT have file names such as 00800.track_4610.Spa.2d.idx. If you can see that file name, you use your player to select an EXTERNAL subtitle file. You should select the subtitles includes WITHIN the MKV. Usually, that's very easy, but I hate PowerDVD, I don't have it and I don't remember how subtitles are selected. Normally, you should have a subtitle menu with all streams that have been muxed in the MKV, and another option to load another stream from disc. You should not need to select that option with the MKV files produced by BD3D2MK3D.

Unfortunately, the log file you have posted in your first post is still not approved, and I can't verify if the files have been correctly muxed. Please copy and paste here the content of the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file, and I will verify if the subtitle streams are present in the MKV. You can also verify yourself with MediaInfo or a similar program. But if you have selected them in tab 2, they must be present.

Note however that in tab 2, all subtitle streams are listed twice. The first time, it's the full stream, with all subtitles. The second occurrence is a stream that will contain only the forced subtitles. (Forced subtitles are the subtitles that must be shown in, say, French when the French audio is played). But there is no way to know in advance if a specific stream contains forced subtitles. So, if you tick, say, the French stream and the Forced French stream, you can be sure that the French stream will be muxed, because it exists certainly, but there is no guarantee that there are forced subtitles in that stream, and therefore if after the demux operation BD3D2MK3D doesn't find any forced subtitle, it will simply skip that stream. In that case, and in that case ONLY, the subtitle stream may not be present in the final MKV. (When BD3D2MK3D must skip a forced stream because there are no forced subtitles in the main stream, it shows you a warning at the very end of the operation, explaining that the stream will not be used. You can find the same warning near the end of the log.)

So, please verify with a good player (like PotPlayer) if you have the subtitle streams IN the MKV file. That should be the case, unless you have modified manually the MUX options file, or muxed the streams yourself. Also, move the final MKV file in another folder (without the IDX files), and play it from there. The player should not show the IDX files any more, and it may be easier to understand how to select the normal subtitle streams.

In the image below, you can see the subtitles menu (in French, sorry) with the options of PotPlayer to select the subtitles. In this case, I have only included one subtitle stream, in 3D and 2D SUP format. The 3D version is selected. PotPlayer prints "*HdmvSub - French," followed by the title defined by BD3D2MK3D: "French 3D (BD SUP)". It is possible to open an external subtitle with the first option in the menu ("Load a subtitle" in English), but normally I don't need to use that option.
You should see something similar in the subtitle menu of PowerDVD.

Last edited by r0lZ; 14th April 2015 at 15:15.