View Single Post
Old 21st December 2014, 21:03   #161  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottom View Post
Hi

first of all:
Thanks, it's really a fabulous software!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Here are some minor things i noticed:

- The subtitle resize filter is selected/displayed as "lanczos3" in the GUI,
but the log-file always says: "Resize filter: Mitchell"
I have to verify, but there are 2 methods to convert the subtitles to 3D. The simplest one uses the filter defined in the Settings menu, and is based on suppe3d, itself using BDSup2Sub for some conversions and the resize. That method cannot generate the subtitles with the correct depth, and is therefore not used any more during the main process. It is still present in the Tools menu, because it is faster and easier than the other method, and still good if you want to convert a subtitle file downloaded from the internet and you don't have a 3D-plane.

The second method is based on ImageMagick, and it uses the 3D-planes to generate 3D subtitles with the correct depth. It's the conversion used during the main process. The resize is made with ImageMagick itself, during the conversion to 3D, and BDSup2Sub is used only to convert the 3D XML/PNG files to SUP or SUB, but not for the resize. The filters are therefore different. The default resize filter for that method is Mitchell. You can change it if you use the GUI from the Tools menu, but currently, it is not possible to modify it when the conversion of the subtitles to 3D is made during the main process. I'll add an option to control that setting too, but IMO Mitchell is excellent for the subtitles (probably better than Lanczos; Read the ImageMagick doc about the resize filters if you are not convinced. Anyway, don't be too picky for the quality of the subtitles. They are just subtitles after all!)

Quote:
- Subtitle creation:
If "Both" (IDX and SUP) and "3D first, then 2D" are selected,
the resulting batch file ("Mux3D") often didn't match the subtitle files/streams that were actually created:
(forced subtitle files were missing completely,
filenames of 2D streams were missing the "2D" string, ...)
Strange. I have verified that part recently, and I didn't find any problem. I'll have a look anyway, but you can perhaps help me. Can you provide a concrete example (with the list of streams that have been selected and their options or a screenshot of tab 2, and the resulting file names of the created subtitle files, as well as the MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file)? Thanks.

Quote:
- There seem to be updates available for some of the tools:
tsMuxeR, mkvmerge, x264
(yes I know: 'newer', doesn't always mean 'better'!)
I just did the update of MkvMerge yesterday. The next version will be up to date.
I will probably never update tsMuxeR 3D any more, because its development has ended, and the latest versions are full of bugs. AFAIK, the version currently distributed with BD3D2MK3D is the best one. You can try to replace that version with a more recent one, but do it at your own risk!
I have to verify for x264...

Quote:
- There are some movies, where Left and Right View seem to be swapped.
The problem is already on the BluRay itself!!!
...but can this be handled / fixed by BD3D2MK3D somehow?
(Using "FRIMDecode" and the commandline option "-swaplr"
I could manually (and laboriously) create a working SBS video stream)
Well, if the blu-ray can't display the views in the correct order, then BD3D2MK3D cannot do it either. It trust the flag in the playlist.
However, if you need to swap the views manually, it's easy: open the _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs file in a text editor, and locate these lines:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)
And just swap the "left" and "right" words:
Code:
right = SelectEven(interleaved)
left  = SelectOdd(interleaved)
That will work regardless of the MVC decoder used.
I can't do much more. Adding an option in the GUI to control the inversion of the views will be more confusing than useful.

Thanks for your bug report.

Last edited by r0lZ; 21st December 2014 at 21:13.