View Single Post
Old 16th September 2002, 23:58   #15  |  Link
NiTroGen
aka Νικόλαος

New update.

I've just released version 1.10 beta (there will always be the beta suffix, until the methods used in my program are approved by the XviD community). There are MANY bug fixes and a some new features added. Now you can ignore the last 1% to 5% of maximum framesizes in the framesize distribution, so the high distance value won't be set too high. Also you can copy the high and low distance settings directly to the registry, so XviD will have them the next time you'll open the configuration dialog.

And last but not least: A motion distribution graph is added. Motion is calculated as the summary of k-blocks and m-blocks in a delta frame. In plain english, it's the part of the frame that has changed, compairing it to the previous keyframe. This motion distribution is used to suggest the curve aggression type.

@Koepi:
I think this method is good to suggest a curve aggression type, but I'm not sure if the motion calculation algorythm is correct. Using your Nandub Stats Reader, I saw that you define motion as the number of k-blocks, but I think that m-blocks should be considered as motion, too. Anyway, I'm waiting for your suggestions about this "motion" thing and the curve aggression type.

Last edited by NiTroGen; 17th November 2002 at 18:17.
NiTroGen is offline   Reply With Quote