View Single Post
Old 26th March 2021, 09:05   #19046  |  Link
jlcpremier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Welcome to the Forum.

Wow, 16 servers...nice

So was it working OK before the update to 1.26.0 ??

OK, for KNLMeanCL processing you need an appropriate, supported GPU.

MDegrain filters are pretty CPU intense, but shouldn't really cause any problems.

Also, do you know what version of Avisynth you're running (bottom of Encoding Server window is an easy way to check, you can simply run that from the RipBot264 installation folder).

So just out of interest, what were you encoding here (in reference to the screenshot) ?
Yeah working in IT has it's perks

It wasn't getting hung as much but still would occasionally on jobs. I haven't really played around much with the NR filters before, so I think it may be more tied to that. I also notice the nodes take a lot longer to fire off when the filters are in use.

I looked up some info on KNLMeansCL and there wasn't a whole lot of info about it, in terms of ripbot, but in the test file I ran just using KNLMeansCL at levels 1, 3, and 5 for noise reduction it made a substantial difference with the noise reduction, and file size even though there's no real graphics card for it to use the GPU for. Just running it through the Degrain filter at each level didn't actually make much difference in the PQ or the size reduction of the file. For some reason putting them together did though.

Version of avisynth+ shows as 3.4 (r925)

I'm taking all 9 seasons of 24 I have on bluray and trying to compress them down and improve the picture. This particular show has so much noise and grain in the source files that a standard 1080P episode with no noise reduction is still around 2-3GB encoded at slow CQ24, with the Mdegrain2/KNLMeansCL filters set to max it drops down to about 400MB and still looks great. But that's over 200 episodes, so you can see why it being automated would be nice.

Last edited by jlcpremier; 26th March 2021 at 09:14.
jlcpremier is offline   Reply With Quote