View Single Post
Old 12th January 2016, 10:44   #796  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
I assumed it is possible to manipulate and create SBS from frame interleaved using proper Avisynth script. I'm I correct it is doable ? (question rather for Avisynth experts )
Yes, it's possible. It's what BD3D2MK3D does.
I just don't want to have to modify completely my scripts just to be able to output another format, and currently they are built with the conversion to HALF-SBS or HALF-TAB at the very beginning, and then the 3D subtitles are hardcoded on top of the combined frames. It is a pity to have to resize them to half size just because subtitles cannot be hardcoded on full-SBS or full-TAB.
When FULL SBS or TAB is requested by the user, the frames are never combined, the subtitles are hardcoded on each view independently, and the output is frame interleaved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
Just to be clear:

frame interleave = frame alternation,

i.e.
1. frame in the stream is L1
2. frame in the stream is R1
3. frame in the stream is L2
4. frame in the stream is R2
etc.
Correct?
If there is a need, I will consider to implement it.
That's correct, and with BD3D2MK3D, the first frame will always contain the first frame of the left eye view. But I suppose that other scripts may use whatever is the base view as the first frame, and in (not so) rare cases, that can be the right view. Anyway, for the encoder, that should not change anything. The "base view" (AVC) must always be the first stream.

Since it seems that the MVC MKV format is not needed by DarkCinema any more and anyway I don't want to implement it, I don't need the change. But you might want to consider it anyway. That will be simpler to implement via an avisynth script, since currently FRIMSource and DGMVCSource both return frames alternation. It is a pity to have to combine them to full-SBS/TAB, since they will be cut again when converted to AVC/MVC. It's only a waste of time. But I repeat that I don't need that myself, so do it only if you wish and if it's simple enough.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote