View Single Post
Old 28th September 2016, 13:22   #1078  |  Link
konikpolny

R0Iz, thanks for reminding me about 3D sup/sub streams limitations for Full-SBS/TB . Now I do remember reading about it before.

However, I still think that these files should be generated and made available for 'other' use even if not being muxed in the final MKV due to their incompatibilities.

The main reason why I do the full-SBS is to have one best quality copy for both 3D and 2D. For watching I only use software players (my computer) and a projector. When having 2 full frames I can enjoy watching 2D in its original full format and best quality rather than having it stretched from its squeezed half. In case of a 3D I have to adjust the aspect ratio to "squeeze" the full-SBS to half-SBS anyway in order for my projector to properly display the 3D. Therefore, when I make the picture appear as half-SBS I can perfectly use the 3D sub/sup subtitles meant for the half-SBS and they are loaded by the player automatically if they are made available as an external file. I have also created the .ass 3D subs but in fact I cannot even use full-SBS .ass because they don't get 'squeezed' by the player and so again I have to create half-SBS .ass 3D subtitles for my use.
So for incompatibility reasons I wouldn't even want to mux the 3D half-SBS sub/sups in the final mkv but I would need these files to be available externally.
This also regards the files for 3D planes, which are necessary to convert 2d SRT into 3d ASS, and the XML picture subtitles which are very helpful in verifying 3D-planes compatibility.

As regards the warning dialogue for Full-SBS/T&B it could inform that if 3D subtitles were selected by the user only half-SBS/TB subs/sups will be generated and they won't be muxed for incompatibility reasons. Then it would be in line with what the user selects on the "Select streams" tab.

Also, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for making the .SRT to 3D .ASS converting tool. Some italic subs may look jagged but it is an excellent tool to have! Many thanks for that!

Last edited by konikpolny; 28th September 2016 at 15:01.