View Single Post
Old 31st August 2014, 05:13   #86  |  Link
Thalyn

While I know accuracy is important, I can't help but feel I should apologise for finding these bizarre exceptions. I don't like creating extra work for people who are already putting in so much effort unless it's absolutely necessary, and no-one can argue you haven't gone above-and-beyond with this tool.

Knowing that the planes are just a basic hex list (I didn't even think to look!) even disproves my theory of a "running" plane, since the last defined value at that point would have been a 2 where my pixel-counting estimates suggest it should be a 5 or 6 - and that previous 2 would then also have been applied to sub #29 which is actually rendered as a 0 (but could be a 1 since I'm verifying with PDVD for now as my TMT is only a trial and I can't always borrow a PS3). Gah! At least it only seems to be 1 out of about 50 subtitles that are actually negatively affected by this. Still means its worth manually checking ones which report the undefined depth just to be sure, and that's still a lot easier than having to do every single one of them by hand.

Plus side, the language selection dialogue worked just fine.