View Single Post
Old 30th June 2016, 17:20   #8  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometer View Post
there are features in decompressors/pre-indexers to write down time stamp logs. couldn't such functionality also be extended to include frame integrity/quality reporting? shouldn't be too difficult with the source code available.
Not for me, already got too much on my plate, sorry.

EDIT: FrameSurgeon.avs could still be used by other software, it is not at all limited to use with Sawbones, indeed
Sawbones is an add-on to FrameSurgeon script, for ease of use setting up command files.
Messing with decompressors would be best left to someone already familiar with such sources(sourcecode).

EDIT: If you could point out a tool that already produces lists of bad frames, then do supply it, and I may take a peek.

EDIT: Also note, DoctorFrames() from ClipClop plugin supports up to 20 Interpolated frames, also supports CP and CN commands
(no deletes or FXd). [supporting up to 20 Interpolation frames + CP + CN, uses up about 240 clips of 256 available in ClipClop
and hammers system resources severely (I think originally 22 interpolation frames did use up exactly 256 clips and made system unstable due to that. Was reason to reduce to 20 interp frames, more stable, fewer Out-of-mem type crashes).

EDIT: Above number of clips do not include eg MVSuper or forward/backward vector clips.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 30th June 2016 at 17:51.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote