View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:55   #12  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
This would indeed be very important since iirc the CLUTs are only one-dimensional. The main problem would be generating a proper 16-235 .3dlut from .cal data, which probably lies within the domain of a tool such as yCMS. I do not (yet) have the necessarily technical knowledge to interpolate and generate tables like that.

My first priority now though is getting a working, automatized front-end for Argyll and yCMS in place to bridge the process from profiling to .3dlut creation.
Update: Just realized that Argyl''s .cal files are one-dimensional LUTs as well, so the practical gains of this are questionable. It would only serve to eliminate the video card's CLUTs, which are potentially sub-optimal.

Applying a .cal to a .3dlut seems like a simple process then, I'll write the code for it sooner or later.

Generating a .3dlut from a .ti1 however would be much harder since it requires significant interpolation.

Updated the UI slightly also: http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7...parserdemo.png

Last edited by nand chan; 22nd August 2011 at 17:33.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote