View Single Post
Old 8th September 2019, 16:01   #17301  |  Link
lemaireus

I have already copied the error log above, at the bottom of page 865.

I encode into x265, two passes, and always encode multichannel lossless master audio tracks into 640k AC3.

It's very frustrating getting that kind of an error at the end of 10:34 hours of work. This is the third file on which I am getting that error. Apparently the audio encoder does not encode DTS-MA track into AC3, which is why mkvmerge cannot find that track. Yes, I have checked the job folder each time, and there has never been an 'Encoded_Audio_1.ac3' file in the folder each time I get this error.

If Ripbot had not immediately deleted the encoded video, then I would have encoded and muxed the audio track myself in cases of such errors.

Atak, would you please consider that option: leave the encoded video intact in the job folder, and delete that only when all the temporary files are deleted? Such a simple option can save hours and hours of work going to waste in case of an error such as the one I posted above, and also in cases where the error is 'video.265 could not be opened.' (I used to get that sometimes in the past, not anymore).

Please leave the encoded video intact in the job folder for the file being encoded, for a user to delete as and when they please.

Last edited by lemaireus; 8th September 2019 at 16:04.
lemaireus is offline   Reply With Quote