View Single Post
Old 11th April 2005, 17:26   #14  |  Link
jinjin
...say the magic word

When I attempt to kill PGC playback, cell commands have always presented problems. In cases where all the cell commands resulted in a transfer to a PGC in the same domain as the post command, I could ignore the PgcEdit warning message, kill the PGC playback and get the desired result. But in cases where the cell commands were significantly different and/or transferred to different PGCs or to different domains, using PgcEdit's "kill PGC playback" produced undesirable results. I had many cases where the playback was not skipped. Instead it looped indefinitely on the PGC cells.

In these situations, it appears the PGC is being executed multiple times to playback each cell in succession. So when faced with this, I had to manually program the pre command (discovered through trail and error) by copying both post commands and cell commands to the pre command section, and then adding/modifying conditional jumps/breaks to jump to the appropriate post commands or cell command that was copied in.

Quote:
Originally posted by blutach
That cell command simply links to the post commands and it will be safe to kill playback (and remove the video if you like - ie make it a dummy) as what you will do is simply link to Title 10.

I thought r0lZ had removed the warning for a LinkTailPGC cell command (as without it you'd eventually get to the post commands anyway).

You might also like to consider using 2COOL's JMP2PGC prog to start at the main menu. This is a program implementation of jeanl's guide (which jumps over everything until you get to the menu). You can get it on the PgcEdit site.

Regards

Last edited by jinjin; 12th April 2005 at 06:11.
jinjin is offline   Reply With Quote